Distinguished Legal Scholar Richard R.W. Brooks Joins Columbia Law School
Brooks’ Work Includes Empirical and Theoretical Contributions on Issues Ranging from Criminal Justice and Race to Law and Economics
New York, May 9, 2013—Richard R.W. Brooks, a renowned legal scholar from Yale Law School with expertise in contracts, law and economics, and issues of racial justice, will join the Columbia Law School faculty as the Charles Keller Beekman Professor of Law on July 1.
|Richard R.W. Brooks|
His scholarship includes numerous books and articles that analyze policy issues through the lens of law and economics. For example, in 2006 he had two articles published in theColumbia Law Review:“Incorporating Race,”concerning the theory and practice of attributing race, as a matter of law, to corporate persons and“Credit Past Due,” about the absence of traditional credit institutions in poor communities.
# # #
Columbia Law School, founded in 1858, stands at the forefront of legal education and of the law in a global society. Columbia Law School combines traditional strengths in corporate law and financial regulation, international and comparative law, property, contracts, constitutional law, and administrative law with pioneering work in intellectual property, digital technology, tax law and policy, national security, human rights, sexuality and gender, and environmental law.
- Bo Xilai’s son Bo Guagua ‘enrolls at Columbia Law School’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Marketplace of Ideas: Rethinking the Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership under Section 13(d) (clsbluesky.law.columbia.edu)
- Bo Guagua enrolls at Columbia Law School (wantchinatimes.com)
- Tax Prof David Schizer to Step Down After Ten Years as Dean of Columbia Law School (taxprof.typepad.com)
- Morrison from Columbia to Chicago (leiterlawschool.typepad.com)
- California Lawmakers Retool Cyber-Revenge Bill (blogs.wsj.com)
- Franklin Bartlett (en.wikipedia.org)
- Merrill from Yale Back to Columbia (leiterlawschool.typepad.com)
- NY Post: Columbia, NYU, Fordham Law Schools Inflate Employment Stats (taxprof.typepad.com)
- Armour & Gordon on Systemic Risk & the Maximization of Shareholder Value (lsolum.typepad.com)