My students have already built two web-based compositions in our ENGL1101/New Media Literacy course (program description here, composition assignment sheet here). Today, I’ve asked them to locate model examples online of the form they are using for the third checkpoint assignment. Here are the tasks for the day:
- Locate a blog, essay, presentation, or bibliography as your model to study. Post a link to it on Twitter with a short description. Use our class hashtag (#gsunml) and a one of the following tags: #pres, #essay, #bib, #blog. (10 mins)
- Write a short blog post (100 words) describing why you chose that artifact and post the link to Twitter using the hashtags. (15 mins)
- Post questions about the form that your reading raises. Keep both tags. (10 mins)
- Suggest answers or give advice to others using tags from compositions you’ve already completed. (10 mins).
- Open a Storify account, collect…
View original post 14 more words